According to LinkedIn, more than 3 million companies have created Company Pages to connect with 225+ million professionals. A Company Page helps LinkedIn members learn about your business, brand, products and services, and job opportunities. Any LinkedIn member can follow a Company Page and research shows that 50% of LinkedIn members are more likely to purchase from companies when they engage with them on LinkedIn. Plus, LinkedIn pages often perform well in company searches, thereby improving your search engine rankings, making your LinkedIn company page worthy of a role in your online marketing efforts.
See the SlideShare presentation below for some great LinkedIn company pages to inspire your efforts. You can click on the pages to see them live.
4 Ways to Optimize Your LinkedIn Company page
An effective Company Page doesn’t just happen – it takes strategy and time. Here are 4 tips to maximize the effectiveness of your Company Page.
#1. Tell Your Audience What You Do Best and Give Them a Reason to Follow You
- LinkedIn offers a “products and services page” – Use it! Marketers who build up that page tend to attract twice as many company followers.
- Include links to your white pages, case studies, videos, and how-to content.
#2. Do Your Homework – Take Advantage of Built-In Features
- Edit your description so that it leads with powerful, keyword-rich sentences to make it more SEO-friendly.
- Don’t forget your company contact information, descriptions of your offerings, and your areas of expertise.
- Encourage your customers to write a recommendation for your product and/or service on your LinkedIn Company Page.
#3. Engage your audience
- Encouraging a two-way conversation will help convert your audience into customers.
- Post updates about your company – news, events, new employees and products, awards and honors, etc.
- Keep your content short and start with the most important information first. This is how journalists write.
- Include a picture, chart, or link whenever possible.
- Ask questions to engage your audience.
- Communicate with the voice and brand of your company.
- The easiest way to turn off your followers is to give them the hard-sell. This is a big no-no. Instead, foster an informative dialogue regularly to keep your company at the top of prospects’ minds.
- LinkedIn’s targeted updates allow you to tailor your message to your audience.
- Encourage your audience to engage by liking, sharing and commenting on your posts.Engage your colleagues – Employees are 70% more likely to engage with your company updates.Use a multi-channel approach – Include a link to your LinkedIn Company Page everywhere, such as your email signature, and include a follow button on your website.
#4. Analyze & Improve
The “page insights” and “analytics” on your Company Page are awesome tools that can help you focus and refine your LinkedIn strategy.
- Page Insights show page views and unique visitors and page clicks over the last 7 days. It also displays charts showing data on page views by tab, Products and Services page clicks, and more.
- Analytics: Use LinkedIn Analytics to leverage metrics and to reveal trends about your company page.
- Monitor your Engagement %. Noting which updates have higher engagement rates will help you understand what topics or types of posts engage your audience the most, allowing you to optimize future content.
- Review your demographics. This tool provides a snapshot of your followers and allows you to tailor your content.
- Know how you Compare. Knowing how your page compares with your competitors’ page can help refine your LinkedIn strategy.
If you want to keep your customers and prospects informed and keep your company name top of mind, an effective LinkedIn Company Page is a great tool.
Need help developing a better online strategy for your business? Contact PMI today to arrange a free initial consultation.
This post is based on an article by Jason Miller – 5 LinkedIn Company Page Tips to Enhance Your Marketing.