Survey Says …
Based on survey results reported on Google’s Mobile Ads Blog, we can conclude that customer expectations for mobile-friendly websites are sharply on the rise. The results may surprise you.
Here are some highlights of Google’s mobile web design study:
- 2 out of 3 consumers are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site
- 61% abandon poor mobile sites
- 96% of consumers report discovering websites that were obviously designed for mobile
- 74% who have visited a mobile-friendly site are more likely to return
- Per Google, “The fastest path to mobile customers is through a mobile-friendly site. If your site offers a great mobile experience, users are more likely to make a purchase.”
- Non mobile-friendly websites damage a company’s reputation: almost half surveyed felt that a site that functions poorly on mobile devices suggests that the company does not care about their business
Google sums it up this way: “Having a great mobile site is no longer just about making a few more sales. It’s become a critical component of building strong brands, nurturing lasting customer relationships, and making mobile work for you.”
We can only conclude that mobile web design formatting has become a must for those looking to create or re-design a commercial website. Is a mobile website in your plans?
For Google’s full post, click here