Overwhelmed with Content?
If you’re like me, you sometimes get a little overwhelmed with the sheer volume of online content coming at you from every direction. Blogs, emails, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ … it goes on and on. Sometimes I just want to shout, “Stop the noise and let me get back to my real life!”. There just isn’t enough time in a day to take it all in and still do your “real job” or engage in your “real life” these days.
Make it Count!
Guess what? If you feel like that, so do your customers. What does that mean for you as a business owner and marketer? It means that you better think about making your social media content count. Keep it real, keep it meaningful, keep it pithy. In other words, don’t waste your followers’ time; insted, make every page visit well worth their effort.
Break Through with Video
One great way to break through the content noise is to use video. So here are some tips for using video, courtesy of Pixability:
- Video content is king, producing impressive results compared to other types of content. 87% of marketers are using video as their primary source of content.
- Take advantage of YouTube for sharing your video, which is the second largest search engine.
- Don’t insist on high quality production. Many big brands include simple employee demo videos and are achieving very good results, sometimes better than their more expensive, professional videos.
- Put effort into marketing your video to ensure that more people view it.
- Social media marketing and video are a great pair.